Monday 30 January 2012

Stuck in the mud.

Blimey O'Reilly, it's cold!

Winter - pah.

Well, January really has been tedious. The second half of the month has seen decent profits accrued being handed straight back to those odious and generally horrible bookmaking chaps, as horse after horse carrying my money has steadfastly refused to run very fast. Bother.

This theme has run strongly through this past weekend. The only racing service to turn a profit has been The Market Examiner which found two on Saturday (Sandynow - Uttoxeter - 7/2 and Module - Cheltenham - 6/1). This was followed up today with another winner (Overlady - Ayr - 15/2) and I can't help feeling that I'm due a good run with TME. Here's hoping.

Footballistically (!), Football Elite had a good weekend which included a 2.55/1 winner (Genoa), one winner of two from three bets. Skeeve dropped 5.5 pts but this wasn't enough to prevent the month from being a good one, and all in all, the consistently good form shown by the sports services has mercifully counterbalanced the consistently poor performance of the racing services (Winning Racing Tips honourably excused). I suppose that is the object of the portfolio approach to betting and who knows, perhaps in a few months time, we'll be able to look back and view January as being a solid base from which good profits grow. Tell you something - standing still is far preferable to plummeting into the abyss. And I'll tell you something else...anyone who says an abyss is not entirely unpleasant is a damned liar! An abyss is always, and I mean always, best avoided.

Month to date: Staked £7,700, +£119.39, roi 1.55%.


Now, it may be a little difficult to post every night over the next few weeks. Although the Australian Open has put bags under my eyes that are large enough to wobble if I jump up and down, the early evenings were at least left free to allow blogging responsibilities to be met. Now though, parts of the Tour are in Europe, and I'm rather hoping for some good trading action to fill my evening hours. So, if I'm not around for a wee while, worry not. I won't have forgotten and it's just a matter of time before more wise and erudite (yeah, like chance would be a fine thing!) words are forthcoming.

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment