Friday 20 January 2012

Let down.

*Sigh*

Well, Mrs. Campbell is a lovely lady I'm sure, but she couldn't tell me juicy stories on Paul Merson's drug habit or Tony Adams' drinking binges now could she? No, she couldn't, so I wasn't going to waste time finding out how lovely she is or otherwise. Acting in a way that possibly betrayed my disappointment a little - disappointment which struck from the moment when, from the upstairs window, I could see that there was no sign of Mr.C - I shoved her son towards her as soon I opened the front door, before marching her quick smart off the premises.

Worry not though, for I have a cunning plan.

I left Mrs. C in no doubt as to the correct protocol in these situations. That of course is a quickly made reciprocal invite to tea, with the emphasis on the word "quick". When the relevant day arrives of course, I shall insist that the missus put her feet up whilst I, thinking only of the best for her, will insist on taking my boy to his mate's myself. Once there, I shall refuse to leave until I get what I wish for, and that goddammit, is an audience with the Great One. Oh yes, I am a determined and focused man.

Joking and jesting to one side though, it really is a strange feeling seeing the son of a footballer who you watched play game after game for the team you support, coming around for tea. Very, very strange.


Sam, of new SBC Hall of Fame entrant service The Market Examiner, sent an email out to members today outlining the pros and cons of each way betting compared to the officially advised win only style of following their selections. Since the beginning of 2010, the returns from backing win only tower over those gained by going for the place aswell. The thing is though, I have to confess that I do like to maximise stability in my betting and for obvious reasons increasing the percentage of selections from which I gain some return rather appeals. It should be noted that backing TME's selections each way did produce an admirable level of profit. Anyway, the email has stirred the old grey matter. Is doubling the stake but backing each way a means of striking a happy medium, I wonder? Answers/thoughts/opinions on a postcard welcomed (that is comments left in the appropriately named section below).


Today's Betting


Poor day today, easily summed up. No returns from Northern Monkey (0/2), The Market Examiner (0/3), or Chasemaster (0/1).

Northern Monkey: Staked 1.5pts, -1.5pts.
The Market Examiner: Staked 3pts, -3pts.
Chasemaster: Staked 0.125pts, -0.125pts.

Friday 20th January: Staked £85, -£85.
Month to date: Staked £4,386, +£541.34, roi 12.34%.


Weekend. :)

2 comments:

  1. When I saw the post title, I just knew that Mrs Campbell had picked up junior...
    Just remember though, that the best things in life are invariably worth waiting for - something I thought as I watched Mark the Book romp home this afternoon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings,

    I enjoy your blog and have added it to my site. would you be kind enough to view my blog for possible inclusion on your site.

    Thank you Jake

    http://tbankbuilder.blogspot.com

    the name of my blog is Managed risk

    ReplyDelete