Thursday 19 January 2012

What to wear?

I'm a bit giddy tonight.

"Why's that?", I can hear you all ask.

I'll tell you why, shall I?

I'm a bit giddy because tomorrow, after school, the son of an Arsenal legend is coming around for tea! How cool is that!?! The lad of a guy who has won Championship medals with the mighty Gooners. A European Cup Winners' Cup, FA Cup and Littlewood's Cup winner! And I'm kinda thinking (praying) that the man himself might come around and pick his lad up.

I mean, it's a proud day whenever my lad lines up alongside son-of-someone-I-used-to-cheer-when-standing-on-the-North-Bank in the same school team, although I suppose I've got over the excitement of them simply being classmates as that's a day to day thing. But this?

I hope I know what to say. Can't concentrate tonight. Got to go. Need to choose a frock.


Today's Betting


Not such a good day today with just the one winner from The Market Examiner (Michael Flips - Taunton - 5/1) not enough to compensate for the losers. Winning Racing Tips' one each way selection finished second and Chasemaster had one finish in the frame but the more heavily staked horse in the same race finished nowhere. No luck for On The Nose (0/3).

The Market Examiner: Staked 3pts, +3pts.
On The Nose: Staked 2.5pts, -2.5pts.
Chasemaster: Staked 0.75pts, -0.475pts.
Winning Racing Tips: Staked 1pt, +0.1pt.

Thursday 19th January: Staked £200, -£52.
Month to date: Staked £4,301, +£626.34, roi 14.56%.


Just had a thought. I hope his Mum doesn't come and pick him up. Wouldn't want to be rude but that'd be a real let down.

7 comments:

  1. Are you going to put us out of our misery then ?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Campbell to you. Kev to me! Heh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha !!! i was going to ask :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and did he pick up junior - or was it Mrs Campbell...?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tell you tomorrow chaps. It's tomorrow. Seems a long way away...

    ReplyDelete
  6. the tension is unbearable! Great blog and looks like we are both disciples of the guru!

    namechecked your blog on mine- hope you dont mind?

    Cheers

    Geoff

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Geoff,

    Yes indeed!; and no, don't mind in the slightest.

    I'll stick up a link to your blog tonight too. :)

    Rowan

    ReplyDelete