Tuesday 17 January 2012

Some thoughts on Football Investor

I was really pleased to see that the weekend just gone had been a great one for Football Investor, despite the fact that for this season I had decided against following the FI bets myself and therefore missed out on such impressive profits. As mentioned previously on this blog, this decision was founded purely on grounds of practicality. I had made good profits from FI last season so a lack of performance was not a consideration at all when determining my FI strategy for 2011/12. No, I was dictated to by personal circumstances which meant that placing a large number of bets on a Friday evening was often a wholly impractical task for me to execute. Placing Football Elite bets, Skeeve bets, Strike Zone bets and Football Investor bets after getting home from work at 6.00ish with a 200 mile trip down to London or a journey down the dark and windy A49 to Shropshire to negotiate....well, it just didn't work.

The irony is of course that Stewboss - the Head Chef at Football Investor - recently changed the release date for the weekend selections to a Thursday evening. I never travel to London or Ludlow on a Thursday night, do I? No, I don't. Now I know that this time of release is currently on a trial basis only, but believe me should the trial end and the decision taken to move bet release time to a Thursday on a permanent basis, then I should think that I will be getting involved again next season. There are though some thoughts running around my bonce that I may follow the FI selections with a bit of an added twist. More on that as and when the time comes.

In the meantime, I'm chuffed for you FI followers out there who have endured a bit of a sticky time of it over the first half of the season. As a neutral observer, I just couldn't see why a ratings system that had demonstrated such a healthy edge over a number of years and on such a consistent basis should suddenly hit a brick wall. Easier said from my perspective of course, what with not losing any money following and all. Whether I'd have been so sanguine were I financially involved is open to some doubt. I never like it when a service deems it necessary to expand the size of it's bank, having been happy enough with it's size for a fairly lengthy period of time whilst things were going well. I see doing this as the equivalent to quantitative easing, and lets face it, I don't think anyone thought that when the central banks and governments of the world decided to embark upon that particular policy that it amounted to much more than applying a sticking plaster to stem the flow of blood from a severed artery. Having said that, it must be acknowledged that when faced with a crisis, something ought to be done, and Stewboss did it.

Pleased for FI followers as I am, I am more delighted for Stewboss himself that this weekend was such a good'un. If subscribers were pulling out their hair at such unusual and unexpected underperformance, Stewboss must have been doing his nut. To his immense credit, his emails have always been calm and considered and I know he was hard at work to see if anything could be identified as a root cause of the poor run. I do not get the impression that Stewboss is the type of chap who would just shrug his shoulders and stand impassively by, secure in the knowledge that he had his subs fees in the bank and so all was fine and dandy thank you very much. In common with all the people who run each and every one of the services I follow, Stewboss is as dedicated and focused on providing as high a level of service for his customers as it is possible to attain. And it is because of this, that I really hope FI enjoys a storming second half to the season.


Today's Betting

Small loss on another very quiet day.

The Market Examiner did find a winner amongst their three selections (Mallin Head - Folkestone - 9/2), the first "Early-Bird" tip provided by TME. This is a new angle to the service, aimed at capitalising on particularly early and significant market moves. Mind you, in this instance, it seems that there was early money, late money, and everything-in-between money as the horse was backed from a (very) early 5/1 into an SP of 9/4!

The Sportsman Racing was the only other service in action and no joy there today.

The Market Examiner: Staked 3pts, +2.5pts.
The Sportsman Racing: Staked 0.5pts, -0.5pts.

Tuesday 17th January: Staked £80, -£25.
Month to date: Staked £3,898, +£589.74, roi 15.12%.


Now, it's 8.15 and I'm off to bed. Up at midnight for a couple of hours. Got my beadies on a couple of tennis matches. Now, where's my alarm?...

No comments:

Post a Comment