Friday 6 January 2012

Week 1 Round Up

Quick end of week round up.

I'm very conscious that this blog should be more than just a profit and loss account but I also think that there is a place for including results on an ongoing basis. I know a large part of my being addicted to reading JP's infamous blog was to see how services were performing. I enjoy reading My Betting Life because the chap writing it has a portfolio of his own, and I like to see how it's going for him. One of my favourite parts of the monthly SBC newsletters is the section near the beginning that goes through the monthly performance of monitored services. So despite the fact that this sounds like I'm trying to justify myself, I'm making no apologies for posting up performance details from time to time. If you don't like it, bugger off!

Racing

Chasemaster grab the plaudits for the biggest contribution to getting 2012 off to a good start, finding winners at 15/8, 8/1, and 9/2. Top tipping in anyone's books! Felt for The Market Examiner on Monday when from five selections they had three come in second at average odds of about 1,990/1! Not to be deterred though, they had two from three come in yesterday at 11/2 and 5/1 which with an earlier winner at 4s have turned a profit despite hitting the woodwork so frequently previously. Winning Racing Tips and The Sportsman Racing have contributed winners and profits too. Nothing spectacular but nice and solid. Only On The Nose - uncharacteristically quiet this week - and Northern Monkey have missed out on making a profit but no real damage done at all.


Sports Betting

On The Oche were on James Wade to beat Adrian Lewis in the PDC World Championships. In a first to 6 set match, at 5-1 Wade, it was looking good. But oh no. If you didn't watch, you can guess what happened!

It's been very quiet for sports betting this week. The Football Analyst 7/22 found one winner from two, and Strike Zone Homes two from two, and that's been it.


So, the figures...

Racing
Chasemaster: Staked 2.25pts (£180), +1.828pts (+£146.25), roi 81.25%
Northern Monkey Punter: Staked 4.35pts (£130.50), -3.1pts (-£93), roi -71.26%
On The Nose: Staked 3.75pts (£75), -1 pts (-£20), roi -26.66%
The Market Examiner: Staked 14pts (£140), +3.5pts (+£35), roi 25%
The Sportsman Racing: Staked 1pts (£100), +0.125pts (+£12.50), roi 12.5%
Winning Racing Tips: Staked 3pts (£180), +1.03pts (+£61.80), roi 34.33%
Total: Staked £805.50, +£142.55, roi 17.69%

Sports
Football Elite:
On The Oche: Staked 0.35pts (£28), -0.35pts (-£28), roi -100%
Skeeve:
Strike Zone (h): Staked 2pts (£100), +1.9pts (+£95), roi 95%
The Football Analyst 7/22 (h):
The Football Analyst 7/22 (a): Staked 2pts (£80), +0.875pts (+£35), roi 43.75%
The Sportsman:
Total: Staked £208, +£102, roi 49.03%

Total: Staked £1,013.50, +£244.55, roi 24.12%


Skeeve's back from his mid-season break. I managed to miss the odds tonight, trying to sort out various problems with the U9 footie team that I manage on a Saturday morning! Not best pleased. Bloody kids!

8 comments:

  1. Almost a 25% profit on the week. Nice going..wish you continued success!

    Jake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jake.

    Yeah - wouldn't it be nice if we could just make a nice, steady 25% per week! I'm not greedy...25% would do me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Infamy infamy etc etc :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rowan,

    First of all, great to see my favorite blogger back in action. Welcome back, mate.

    Sorry to see you missing the best available odds yesterday, but, as I'm sure you know, the odds mentioned in the Friday e-mail are there only as a reference - the recorded odds, as always, will be those available ten minutes after I've sent the picks & previews. For example, the odds for the first bet will be recorded as 1.78 even though the odds mentioned in the e-mail were 1.87. It seems most of my clients still don't know that, because I get at least a couple of similar e-mails every Friday. I should probably send an e-mail to everyone about that.

    Anyway, all the best in 2012 and, once again, great to see you back.

    cheers,
    skeeve

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would do me as well! Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheers, Skeeve. Good to be back.

    No, I know about the ten minute rule. Trouble is, I was 20 minutes late!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Skeeve - me again. I've just got your results update email for today (Saturday) - I'll draw attention to the situation re. odds more on the blog when I post next (in a couple of days or so). I don't want anyone to misunderstand the situation as a result of reading my blog. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. No problem Rowan,

    I actually wasn't referring to you in this rant, but as soon as I've read 'missed the odds', I remembered how frustrating it is, replying to similar e-mails every Friday night, so I wrote a few words here in the comments, in case some of my clients are reading you blog, which they should (after that, I wrote a whole e-mail about that and sent it to all clients, as you know). So basically I turned your blog into my FAQs for a few moments, sorry. :)

    Keep inflicting fear on those eight year olds, the odds will be there at 6:50 PM as well - only they'll be a bit worse. :)

    cheers,
    skeeve

    ReplyDelete