Wednesday 29 February 2012

The shape of things to come?

As readers of this blog will know, a couple of weeks ago I was bemoaning the sheer workload that following a portfolio can produce. After a while, that workload can, like a job, get on top of you. The placing of bets is relentless. Taking a week out from time to time is one thing and in fact is something that I can see myself doing more often. But missing bets when you are "working", following your portfolio, is a big no no. The odd good priced winner that might elude you can, over time, make a big difference to returns.

Wouldn't it be nice if someone else could put the bets on for you?

Well, Sam of The Market Examiner fame, is going to do just that. Let me tell you more...


Of all the services I follow, The Market Examiner is the most prolific in terms of number of selections issued. Following correspondence I had with Sam, he had the thought that an added element to his service that people could benefit from, would be if he could place his subscribers bets himself. For those who are busy at work and who can't physically place the bets when the tips are issued, or for those who for some other reason - such as relocation, for example - can no longer place bets, Sam's solution could potentially be a real godsend.

Sam's idea is to utilise the Bet Butler bet placement service. There has been some debate as to the merits of Bet Butler on various other blogs/betting information services, but so far there have been no reports of major issues arising. Instead, the impression is of a smooth, reliable and most importantly, efficient service. There are some points to be aware of, most notably the fact that there can be no guarantee that the odds secured are BOG, but if Sam's edge, shown by the fact that the SP on his selections is consistently lower than the price at time of bet issue, then I'm hopeful that this shouldn't have too much of an adverse effect on returns generated. Still, it is one thing to keep a close eye on.

So anyway, following a long conversation between Sam and I, I have decided to be a guinea pig, a guinea pig that all you readers can follow with an eye perhaps to the future. I have deposited some money in Sam's care and he will do the rest. I shall be receiving a daily report, an emailed note of all bets placed, and a dividend in the form of profits made over a set period of time.

Sam is cautious and I agreed with him wholeheartedly with his stance that we should not rush in. The deposit with Bet Butler is not a large one. This is very much a testing phase and like anything to do with gambling, exposure should be limited at such a stage. I'm quite excited by it's potential though, for if this were to work, it could be the answer to many a prayer.

I shall update the The Market Examiner results on a daily basis, just as I do with the other services. Naturally, should any issues arise or difficulties present themselves, I shall write them up in detail.

Let's see what happens. I'm looking forward to this!


Today's Betting

Well, only the one bet for me to place today. Northern Monkey's sole each way bet just missing out on reaching the frame.

As for bets placed on my behalf though...well a good start, with The Market Examiner finding a nice winner from their four selections today (Upham Atom - Folkestone 6/1 (SP: 4/1)).

Northern Monkey: Staked 0.5pts, -0.5pts.
The Market Examiner: Staked 3pts, +4pts.


Now. Off to watch the football. Stuart Pearce, England manager, eh?

No, no, no, no, no.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting stuff mate, be interested to hear how you get on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers, JP. As you know, I have long term plans with the trading which means the gambling workload needs to be lessened somewhat. This might just be a step in the right direction. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's an interesting concept which could be of benefit to many punters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah - hoping so, Jason.

    ReplyDelete